The Sarina Museum building was built in 1923 and opened in November that year as a Presbytery for the Catholic Church here in Sarina.
The parish priest at the time, Fr Tom Hogan, wrote to the Sisters of Mercy in Rockhampton and asked if they would be able to have some nuns in Sarina to teach the children of the area and in May 1925 the first Catholic School was opened.
Fr Hogan turned the Presbytery into a convent for the nuns with a few alterations to the building. The sisters remained here until 1987 when they left because of the lack of numbers.
From 1925-1987, 82 Sisters of Mercy taught in Sarina. From 1988-1998 the building was used as a parish centre for the church as well as a home base for the respite care centre.
In May 1998 the parish approached the council to see if they would like the building for the community. The building was moved to its current location at the Field of Dreams Parklands on the 19th January 2001.